Friday, December 19, 2008

Singing-->> More than a passion


Hi friends!!.. There are ppl who jus sing for time pass, bathroom singers and so on, well i am one such who belongs to this list.. But of late singing has turned out to be more than a passion for me.. I started singing when i was 9 yrs Old.. My parents used 2 send me 2 carnatic classes and in my part i was so sincere in attending those.. But i was unfortunate not to learn it properly and ended up just learning it for a year(I don even remember now what I learnt :P), i find it now to be the greatest mistake which I have made in my life L.. Though I stopped learning singing my passion towards singing has never been down.. Wherever I go and whatever the place be, I used to hum some song or the other and always on the touch with music and loving it totally..


School days are never forgettable J.. This incident took place when I was in my 6th std, I went for my school choir band selections.. Actually don’t remember what is sung, but the ultimate comedy what I did was I got selected and then came out without joining the choir & finally ended up getting scolding from my friends for what reason I went for the selectionsJ.. Then during my 11th &12th std my main pass time during our chem and phys classes were, myself singing songs 2 my friends of their choices(Sorry ppl I know how much u ll would have cried inside :P).. We used to go to inter college culturals but hardly there were singing competitions, but I did sing a few in some schools..


College has been one such place which has helped me in bringing out my talent.. Though I didn’t get enough opportunities to exhibit what I know, I got a nice set of friends around me who are always there to back me up and encourage me in whatever I have done!! [Thanks a lot ppl!! :)].. College has been the one beginning place where I was appreciated a lot for my singing.. I used 2 be so happy when my own class mates used 2 stand by my side always.. My 1st venture in my college was when I sang JUNE PONAL for my super seniors FAREWELL which I was appreciated for( well most of the occasions I used to sing the same song, sorry ppl just a reminder I can sing other songs too :P).. I sang in my College culturals, dept symposiums and Inter department competitions which has made me think singing more than a passion for me now.. I started thinking over to take singing as a new goal in my life.. I have attended many competitions like Airtel super singer, Athiradee singer, Top singer all ended up in vain.. Then I knew I was not up to the mark (Infact Zero :))..


These small small appreciations though they bought happiness in my life, something or the other made me re-think that i missed something big.. Yes the gr8 mistake I made was not learning carnatic properly, because when ppl say my normal singing was acceptable it would have be far better when I have a sound knowledge about the ragas.. There is nothing like a person has learnt everything.. Though I don’t know anything I have the thrive to learn it.. These shows have made me thing that learning and practice will make ppl achieve gr8 heights.. This is the initial stage of my life, I have started taking this seriously and I am very determined to achieve something in this field and started working on this to achieve something.. With full confidence and with u ppl’s blessings hoping so I ll become a singer in d nearby future :)..

26 comments:

Dhana said...

Ya... its gud tat u realised ur mistake.. Ur success has started at tis point itself.. Dont worry my frnd.. u'll reach the top soon..

Bala said...

@dhana-> Yup thanks a lot!! hope ur words come true..

Unknown said...

hmmm nice post!!! all the best for ur singing career!!!

Bala said...

hey machi thanks a lot da :)

Nirmal said...

Mr. Bala.. over feelings udambuku aagadhu..
just kidding man... feelings korachutu, practise singing a lot... all the best...

Bala said...

he he ya i knw man!! ya ya i hv started man!!.. Thanks a lot :)

Gowrishankar said...

switch on the mike man...i cant hear...lol....

Mahesh said...

Nalla varuveda....at worst case, ennoda padathula oru 3 songs kuduthu unna famous aakidaren...dont worry....

Bala said...

dei gowri ena nakala :P..

Unknown said...

commitment and veracity , i find, are the two most vital essentials, that are bound to take you places and fortunately you are blessed with both. I understand your yen to sing and I have belief in your abilities to achieve the ambitions of your heart.I also second the opinion about the importance of learning carnatic sangeetham. you go on with it...no chance of u failing.

Bala said...

ha ha mahesh thanks da!! pakalam antha nemaiku vara kuthu da.. pakalam :P

Bala said...

hey ash hmmm thanks machi!! hope wit ur blessing i ll achieve something man!!..

Unknown said...

NO comments ..! :P
he he ...i have never had a chance to hear a song from the gr8 bala ..!..guess tats gud for me :D...anywas..jus kiddin !..keep singing and rock !!

Bala said...

ada dei bharath!! pichiduven!! ya ya u hv never heard la freeya vidu.. anyways thanks buddy :)

Shriram said...

my best wishes... :-) ... !

Bala said...

thanks machi :)

Twinkle said...

no use jus telling ppl you have talent..show it for them to believe :)

Bala said...

@divya--> ena ipadi gapu nu asinga paduthita!! anyways im nt polampifyin im jus telling abt my journey so far nd my thrive to achieve hereaftr!! yup i ll make them believe 4 sure in d nearby future!!

Unknown said...

My best wishes for all ur efforts.. wishing u the best in life and may all success be urs..

Bala said...

@samyu-->> Thanks a lot da.. sure..

Ganga Bharani (GB) said...

ganga:
hello anna ur a nice passionate singer... y sdo u brand urself as a bathroom singer...
u ll get a nice chance to sing soon :)

Natarajan R said...

All the best da...Hope to see u as a singer soon...
Anyhow Thanks for this picture(in the post) da...I hope i can make it still more popular ........lol

Unknown said...

good to hear...next time when i see u....u shuld sing a song for me...better from VA..becs u hav fallen in love na...ha ha ha...just kddin...

ViJaY said...

Netru enbadhun kaiyil illai.. naalai enbadhun kaiyil illai.. Indru mattume nenjil micham undu..

Practice well today.. You will get what you deserve in future..
All the best!!!

Vignesh R said...

oii all d best di !! nanna paadu .. keep practising a lot .. aana inime engeyavadhu june ponaal paadina , mavane kondruven unnaya !! ;)

Bala said...

@ Everyone-->> Thank u for ur wishes!!.. :)